“Who exactly seeks out a Coach?
– Chicago Tribune
What would you like to see from my blog this year?
How can I help you?
Answers in comments below.
Coaching Goals. Yesterday, I noted a few of my own health and fitness goals for 2017 and the reasons why. Before I get in to today’s blog proper, I should also note a few other goals related to yesterday’s but specifically for Coaching. To continue to grow as a generalist Coach, a CrossFit Coach and as a coach to the athletes of CF Watford, I will:
- Revisit all of my Level 5 Diploma Coaching notes and papers.
- Take on coaching opportunities with specific CF Watford Athletes.
- Complete the CrossFit Level 2 Coaching course.
And so it was, the alarm rudely interrupting me from a quite awesome dream of world domination, that I crept out of bed far more bleary-eyed than I would have liked. Late last night, I toyed with the idea of attending the CF Watford 0600 session but lazily decided against it in order to get back in to my Snatch Programme in-house. Tripping over my attempts to pull the compression socks on, I nudged the Tassimo in to life and smiled at the warming Americano smell, almost feeling the caffeine work its magic before it touched my lips. Blanketed from the cold morning north London air by my dad’s (too) large Ospreys hoody and my Ospreys hat, I trotted over to the gym, stopping only to Instagram my shiny new Batman mug (http://instagram.com/nomadiccrossfit) and post a few choice words.
Every Minute on the Minute, 20
3 x Snatch Hi-Pull
- 5 Sets @ 50kg
- 5 Sets @ 52.5kg
- 5 Sets @ 55kg
- 5 Sets @ 60kg
I thought I’d started at about the right level but didn’t progress up quick enough. I should have completed the final set of 5 x 3 with at least 65kg, perhaps more. I’ll address that next week. Still, it was good work all round and will be complemented nicely by the Overhead Squats that are coming up tonight.
CrossFit Watford Evening Session
3 x 3 Overhead Squats
65 / 70 / 80kg
A New 3 RM! 77.5kg was my previous best. It might be 2.5kg but it’s an improvement. Am very happy with this! Strong and stable.
Alternating EMOM 21
- 15 cal Row
- Max Effort Burpees
- 10 x Deadlifts at chosen weight
Score – Burpees: 15 / 15 / 12 / 12 / 10 / 10 / 13 = 87
I opted for 100kg initially for the Deadlifts. After 2 rounds, I realised this was foolish and then dropped it to 90kg. The burpees were the hardest part, if I’m honest. Going straight in to those after the rowing was evil 😉
- Pre-Morning Session: 10g Walnuts (have run out of mixed nuts in my room!)
- Post-Morning Session: 25g MyProtein Whey + 200ml Whole Milk
- Breakfast: 50g Porridge Oats + 150ml Whole Milk
- Mid-Morning Snack: 10g Mixed Nuts (final bag in the office)
- Lunch: 3 x Scrambled Eggs + fresh spinach, home-grown chillis & mustard leaves, cherry tomatoes
- Mid-Afternoon Snack: 10g Mixed Nuts
- Dinner: Homemade Chilli (Zone portion) with twice as much cauliflower / broccoli
- Post-WOD: 25g Whey Protein + Water
- Snack: 3 thin slices Roast Beef