I wasn’t expecting to get to the Box this evening and was happy fatiguing my way around London for a conference. I wrote the blog for yesterday while sat on the tube and was planning on some way of getting to the box tomorrow night instead. However, with the conference coming to a halt on time, I was able to nip out, fight among the townies, and get on a train back. Literally everything ran on time and I was back on “home turf” with another time for a quick change, a jump in the car and a swift ride in to CF Watford. BOOM!
3 x 3 Strict Press
60 / 65 / 67.5
Again, not enough time to really get in to the strength stuff; in June I need to start perhaps refocusing on Strength instead. I think there’s an opportunity for a Friday lunchtime session but it depends on what I’m going to do about getting home (the traffic is utterly mental and delaying by an hour or so might actually mean I avoid the worst of it and get home in a better condition). Regardless, I need to start lifting heavier. 67.5kg is below my 3RM of 72.5. I managed 2 x 70kg but couldn’t shift the final one. Coach Charlie reckons I bottled it but there just wasn’t the strength there. I subsequently dropped it on the floor (forbidden!) and had to run 200m around the box.
- Thrusters (42.5kg)
- Burpee over Rower
- Cash Out: 1000m Row
Time: 11:16 Rx
This is an anaerobic pathway WOD, repeated, with decreasing rest periods. It must be performed at 100% throughout in order to achieve the aim. The rest period must be ‘just’ enough, if not enough. Working in sets of 5, we rattled through this, maintaining good pace. I was partnered with a relative newbie, who scaled the weight to 30kg. He has some confidence issues that inhibit 2-footed jumps over the rower but still kept going at a superb pace. I sped through all elements completely unbroken and smashed out the first 500m of the Row in under 1:45. As always, working with a partner seriously motivates me and spurs me on to push far harder; if I can get a Primal Games Masters competition again this year then I know I’ll do very well indeed.
Back on the wagon today.
- Breakfast: 3 x Eggs, 200ml Fat Milk, 20g Whey Protein, handful of nuts, a slice of beef and loads of leaves. And a mug of lovely Carte Noire coffee.
- Lunch: A crap small watery chicken curry during the conference. A chicken wrap (while heading back to the tube) and half a flapjack.
- Dinner: 2 x Eggs, 2 x Roast Beef slices, Sweet Chilli Noodles, more leaves and some tomatoes.
- Snacks: Whey Protein post-WOD. 200ml Milk.
- Misc: And…some…..yummy…chocolate egg! (ChokaBlok)
- Protein: 175g! A little too much but well ahead of target today.
- Carbs: 152. This is about right, I’m happy with this (and it doesn’t take in to account the nibble of chocolate!)
- Thruster: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aea5BGj9a8Y
- Nutrition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcL86Lv_jsQ